2 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Crippen

Ken Crippen

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:34 AM

As per your request, here is a forum to list quality football books. I have broken the forum down into several subforums. Please separate the books into these subforums. There are a few rules I would like to implement here:

1) You can list the same book in multiple forums. Let's take Jeffrey Miller's fantastic book Rockin' the Rockpile. It would be listed in Leagues under AFL, in Teams under the Buffalo Bills and Decades under the 1960s.

2) Please create a separate thread for each subsection. For example, under decades, there are threads for 1920s, 1930s, etc.

3) Please keep discussion of the books out of the subforums and just in this main section. You can also discuss books on the main Football Talk forum. I would like to just see a listing of books, links to retailers/publishers for purchase and book descriptions in the subforums.

If there are any questions or if you feel that a new subforum needs to be added, please to not hesitate to contact me. As long as we keep things organized, there will not be a need for a moderator. If things get a little out of control, I will appoint a moderator to clean up the forum.

Enjoy!!

#2 Ken Crippen

Ken Crippen

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

Before there are a whole bunch of posts, may I suggest that we should try to follow the format established by Ken Crippen in his post for the book Turmoil vs. Triumph:

Title
Author
Link to Amazon, B&N, etc.
Format (e.g., Hardcover, Paperback, E-Book, or some combination of the three), number of pages
Publisher (Publication date)
ISBN Number(s)
Description, which can be taken directly from the publisher's description; or it could be a brief review by the poster.

Since this all began as a suggestion that we should try to put together a bibliography of pro football books, it seems to me we ought to try to follow a standard bibliographical format.

Here's a link to Ken's post:
http://www.pfraforum...p...

Let's try to follow this format.

#3 Ken Crippen

Ken Crippen

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

I noticed that a few entries did not have authors listed. I added the authors for those listings. Please try to include the author in the future.

Thank you.